Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Such Bliss...

I am not a very hardworking person.I only work hard when needed or when doing things I have interest in. I despise doing house work, e.g., sweeping, mopping, washing, ironing...anything to do with cleaning up and involves sweating. Plus, my sensitive hands are allergic to detergents and dust! Of course nowadays, there's machines to help us with all that and for those who could afford, a maid. I, on the other hand, do not have any of those machines (yeah, not even a washing machine) and neither could I afford a maid. But lucky me. I have a MPH...I'll get to the meaning of this self-given abbreviation...read-on.

I have someone to do the sweeping and mopping...hehe, say bye-bye to those lizard's poo (baby lizard's been leaving it's gold everywhere in our home). I have someone to do our laundry...no, I did not send it to the launderette...I got it hand-washed.

I love baking, but do not have an electronic mixer. My hands always aches from those crazy butter and sugar beating. But, I have a special mixer which I could vary the speed just by uttering slow, medium or fast while I'm doing something else. I also have a massager for those aching hands.

I love cooking spaghetti with mince meat, but I do not buy readily minced meat as those have more fats. I buy the lean ones and got someone to chopped it fine and smooth, without a food processor.

I love shopping (be it for clothes, accessories or groceries) and have someone to drive me there and back, pay for my purchases and carry them for me.

I have WK, my husband to do all that. Yes, I have an iRobot(Roomba and Scooba), a dishwasher, a washing machine, a mixer, a food processor, a massager, a chauffeur, a walking ATM, a transporter...a Multi Purpose Husband (MPH) for that matter.

I have such BLISS!

I


My

MPH

2 comments:

Yin Huei said...

Hi,
How do you find the iRobot? I have been considering that too. My concern is about whether it can clean the corners, and the charging time. I heard that the charging time is very long?

Btw, so nice to have an MPH. :)
And I love your new dining set too.

Thanks,
Yin Huei

happy&flora said...

Hi Yin Huei,

Thanks for your mail! It's good to have comments from you. Sorry for not being able to reply earlier as I was very busy with work these two weeks..Blek...

I got Roomba free from a lucky draw at a bridal exhibition. Roomba is actually a broom/vacuum whereas Scooba is a mop. The cost of Roomba is about RM2200, I think.

I passed Roomba to my mom and she's been using it for almost 2 years now. It's still as good as new. Yes, it does clean corners with its tiny bristles but definitely not as clean as when you do it manually. But, the best thing about it is that it picks up hair easily unlike sweeping. Sometimes, sweeping hair can be a hassle.

Charging time is long when u charge for the first time, just like our mobile phone. After that, it takes only about 1 hour or so and this would last you about 45 minutes. It doesn't use much electricity though, so not to worry.

Anyway, hope the above answers helps. Do have a look at this forum for more information on other brands.

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15835&hl=vacuum+robot