Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yummy Cupcakes


I have no baking utensils. BUT, i made do with whatever I have...NO, I did not bake the cupcakes...I have no time for that. Bought the cupcakes at only RM2 for 10 pcs (good deal eh...they also taste GREAT!) I made the icing tho....

Buttercream icing
150gms of margarine (did not use butter because my sis is allergic to milk)
150gms of sugar (used the coarse type...the only type I have at home)
*did not exactly measure these but estimated*
2 pcs of lime
A tiny drop of red colouring
Love letters (from our bunch of snacks)

Creamed the margarine until fluffy white using only a spoon and a metal bowl. Then added in sugar and stir till sugar is not so coarse anymore....my hand aches from the continuous half hour stirring....*sweats* But, the cream still tasted crunchy....Then stirred in the lime juice for some flavouring...was supposed to be for our maggi goreng...*hish*

And finally piped out using plastic and magazine paper....tore out from hon's iproperty.com...he hasn't read it yet...hehe...besides, it's outdated...

Piping failed miserably...ended up using spoon to smooth over the cupcakes instead : )



No comments: